Sunday, August 05, 2007

Mum-Bye.....


120 days away from Mumbai and I am still surprised to be alive....

Beginning right from my house, every Mumbai memory in some way is connected to food. Mum made soft dhoklas, the corner Vada Pav, Juhu's Omlet Pav, Sukh Sagar's Butter loaded Pav Bhaji, Gnnae ka ras, kandaa bhajee...its food all along....

For 24 years, I have lived an ordinary life, Today I live an 'extra ordinary' life just to miss the ordinary...Do I?? Hell yeah, I do !!!

In fact life has put me into a lane which is like a one way street. I am where everyone wants to be, but I want to be where everyone is !!

My sixth sense tells me, I will never be able to go back to Mumbai....It will soon be an illusion. Evn while I write this, I feel sick ikn my stomach...my gut ....

I have studied for 24 years for a new house, a big one, but today I miss my same old house...dont need a big one...just the same with my parents....
For 24 years I have worked hard to earn my own car..but will it be worth my 24 years...I think u knw the answer....

From my parents to Tendulkar.. to Vada Pav..to Heramb,Subu, ajay and frnds......to 8.33 ki local.....to St Francis..to wankhede...to queens necklace...to my dadi....to Pahal..........

You can take the man out of Mumbai.....but you cant take Mumbai out of the man....

Dhimrock....5th August.....
in Room Number 113..the palace..in front of my lappie....waiting for Illumina and Placements to get over......

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with Dimpy ...
All our life we struggle and slog ...We spend countless days s in Mugging up all the text book material from nursery to BE Extc ...just to be successful and buy a our own flat in Mumbai ...

We toil day and night to get that Bloody BE degree and Give CAT 3-4 Times ..still end up with a 'Failed' Tag ...just bcoz we failed in CAT ...
All this to live a better life in Mumbai

And in the end
IS IT WORTH IT ??..

Dhimant said...

True...true my friend...only to realize that from my first salary from which I have 15 k to say...all i can buy is 2 sq feet of Mumbai.....

My call..My answer...its not worth it...not worth it....
Alll i want is the freedom to have the Mangesh ka vada pav...and ganne ka juice....
who needs to crack CAT for tht....??

Mumbai Rocks...Mumbadevi ki Jai !!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dimpi..

We always struggle to get the best jobs.. v do get them but then we forget why we wanted that best job "To enjoy life and make out parents more comfortable and various reasons.." But infact that never happens and stress overtakes.. V buy the best cars, have best vacation packages but never have the time to enjoy any of those.. funny na..

Shivani

Dhimant said...

Absolutely funny dear..very true..all what you have said...but in some sense..thats how life is !!!

Shivani .S. Sharma said...

Yes Bhai and its indeed beautiful.. Life is a real beauty where ever u r.. coz ur beautiful.. loads of love and good luck. I am sure where ever u go u will make it beautiful...

Juls said...

hey....nice one....
amazinggg description....
it really made me feel the pain ....
:)

ManDevIan said...

hmmm .... dhimant bhaaai .... apun ko MDI aaaaye abhi 2ich mahine huele hain ... lekin apun tumhare is blog post se total identify karne ko saktaa hai :)

Mumbai is mumbai ... there can be no other place like it for sure ... u r rght in sayng u cant take mumbai out of a mumbaikar!!!

Njoi yr stay in mumbai by the way ... guess onlu couple of days left nw!! :)